Methi thepla is a mild spicy and aromatic Indian flat bread prepared with wheat flour, fenugreek leaves and few other ingredients to make it delicious. Methi thepla packed with health and taste is very easy to make breakfast as it does not require much time to prepare and it demands just pickle as side accompany. Whenever I make methi thepla at home the aroma just fills the home and lingers the whole day, so this recipe is one of my favorites. Many people prepare it in different ways and the below recipe is what I learnt from my mom. If you are beginner looking for a delicious and an easy Indian flat bread without have to stuff this could be your choice. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Wheat flour – 11/2 cup
- Methi leaves – ½ bunch
- Ginger garlic paste – ¼ tsp
- Chopped green chilli – 1
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Oil – for making thepla
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Methi thepla with step by step images
- Take half bunch methi leaves/ fenugreek leaves, pinch the the leaves and discard the stem.
- Wash the leaves thoroughly to get rid off all the mud. Pat them little dry and chop them finely.
- Now in a wide bowl add wheat flour, chopped methi leaves, green chilli, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt , cumin seeds, oil and curd. Mix well.
- Now add water gradually to form a soft dough. Allow the dough to rest not more than 10 minutes. The more time you leave the dough it will get soggy.
- Now dust flour on the rolling board. Pinch a small portion of dough and flatten it into a round shaped thepla using a rolling pin, just like any regular roti or chapati.
- Now place the flattened thepla on preheated tawa, drizzle some oil around it. When you see brown spots on one side flip it and cook the other side till done. Serve it hot with pickle!