Potato whole wheat smiley is an instant and healthy snack where dough is made with potato and wheat flour. These smiley snacks are very easy to prepare and requires no wait time and can be prepared in no time. You can shape the dough in any shape of your choice. I usually serve this with ketchup as it tastes best with that and this snacks will be a real treat for both adults and kids. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Boiled Potato – 1
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- Chopped cilantro – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Oil for frying
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Potato whole wheat smiley with step by step images
- Mash the boiled potato with a masher.
- Now add chopped cilantro, cumin seeds, red chili powder, garam masala powder, salt, wheat flour and oil. Mix everything well and knead it into a soft dough. There is no need to add water while kneading dough as the moisture from potato will help in forming dough. (The dough will be sticky so make sure to dust lot of flour).
- Meanwhile heat oil in a frying pan. Take a ball of dough and flatten it with ½ to 1 inch thickness. Now using a round cookie cutter or a small cap cut the flattened dough into roundels. Now using a straw make smiley eyes and use a spoon to make lips.
- Now drop the smiley one by one in oil and fry them in medium flame. When they are done transfer it to a plate with paper towel and serve it hot with ketchup.