Mushroom gravy is an easy and quick gravy where mushroom is cooked in spicy and masala flavored onion tomato mixture without adding water. Mushroom gravy is simple to prepare and has very basic ingredients in its making. This gravy goes very well with roti, chapati and pulao. I love mushrooms and this is one of my favorite and easy gravy that I often prepare for dinner at home. So lets get the making!
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Green chili – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
How to make mushroom gravy with step by step images
- Chop onions, tomato, green chili and mushrooms. Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds after it splutters add chopped onions and green chili. Saute well then add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw flavor goes.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and all the dry powders including salt. Mix well and saute till the tomatoes get mushy.
- Now add chopped mushrooms to it and mix well. Allow the mushrooms to cook (I dint add any water) and put off the flame when the mushrooms get cooked and it reaches desired gravy consistency.
- Serve it hot with roti, chapati and pulao!