Pottukadalai bonda is an instant fried recipe prepared with grad dal flour and rice flour. Gram dal bonda is a crunchy and spicy recipe with crispy outer and soft inner and tastes best with chutney and sambar. This recipe is quick and easy and does not require any pre preparation. So lets get to the making.
- Gram dal flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1 ½ cup
- Small Onion – 1
- Green chili – 2
- Broken Cashews – 5
- Water – 1 cup ( approx)
- Salt as needed
- Curry leaves a spring
- Oil for frying
How to make Pottukadalai bonda with step by step images
- In a blender add gram dal and grind it into fine powder and transfer it to a bowl. Chop onions and green chili.
- Now add rice flour and salt to the gram flour powder and mix well. Add chopped onion, green chili and curry leaves in it and mix well.
- Now add water gradually to form a soft dough.( I added 1 cup water to make dough )
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Pinch a a small portion of gram flour dough and shape it into small ball. Now slide each ball in oil and fry them in low to medium flame in order to achieve even coloring and cooked inside.
- When they turn golden brown transfer it to a plate with paper towel to drain excess oil and serve it hot with coconut chutney.