Vendakkai mor kuzhambu is an easy recipe prepared with curd and coconut mixture. Its taste and flavors are very distinct from the regular kuzhambhu and can be prepared without much effort. Mor kuzhambu can be prepared with variety of vegetables and this recipe is just a guide to the basic one and can be altered with veggies of your choice. I usually prepare mor kuzhambu with white pumpkin or vendakkai and accompany it with karunai kizhangu / Elephant Yam roast. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Vendakkai – 8
- Small tomato – 1( optional)
- Curd – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Red chili – 1
- Curry leaves a spring
- Salt to taste
- Toor dal – ½ tsp
- Raw rice – ½ tsp
- Coconut – 1 ½ tbsp
- Green chili – 1
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Ginger small chunk
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Vendakkai mor kuzhambu with step by step images
- Wash and soak rice and dal in little water for 5 minutes.
- In a blender add coconut, ginger, green chili, cumin seeds, soaked toor dal and rice. Grind it into paste adding little water.
- Meanwhile chop vendakkai 1 inch long and keep it aside. Heat oil in a pan add chopped okra and cook with lid covered without adding water. When done remove from flame and keep it aside.
- Take curd in a cup and mix it with desired quantity of water to make buttermilk and set aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds after it splutters add dried red chili and curry leaves when aromatic add chopped tomato and turmeric powder. Saute well and add the coconut paste in it and allow it to boil.
- Now add cooked vendakkai and curd mixture in it. Put off the flame after one boil.
- Serve it hot with hot rice and karunai kizhangu roast!