This is a quick stir fry rich in color and flavor. This recipe is prepared by boiling plantain in water and then sauted in onion hence it is more appetizing as compared to the regular versions in which plantain will be cooked. So lets get to the making!
- Raw plantain – 1
- Small Onion – 1
- Green chili – 1
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves a spring
- Water for boiling
How to make Vazhakkai podimas with step by step images
- Divide the plantain into 2 pieces taking off the top and bottom part. Boil water in a pot and to it add the plantain with little salt. Allow it to cook in water. When done drain the water and allow the plantain to cool down.
- Now peel the plantain with hands gently. Chop the cooked plantain into small pieces.
- Now heat oil in pan add mustard seeds after it splutters add urad dal after it turn golden brown add curry leaves, chopped onions and green chili. Saute everything well then add turmeric and salt to it and saute again. Now add chopped plantain to it. Mix everything well.
- Serve it hot with rice and sambar.
- When boiling plantain water turns black which is normal.