Pepper chicken kuzhambu simple and very easy recipe with basic ingredients from the pantry and can be cooked in very less time. As the name suggests the key ingredient in this recipe is pepper which gives distinct flavor, color and taste to the gravy. I prefer using freshly ground pepper as it enhances the spiciness and flavors as well. I like to serve this with hot idlis or rice and finish it with rasam. I have used more onions in this recipe in order to get more gravy. So lets get to the recipe!
- Chicken – 1/2 lb
- Big onion – 1
- Green chili – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – ¾ tsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Freshly ground pepper – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves a spring
How to make Pepper chicken kuzhambu with step by step images
- Chop onions and clean chicken thoroughly and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add curry leaves, chopped onion and green chili. Saute well and add ginger garlic paste to it. When the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes add chicken pieces along with all the dry powders and salt except pepper powder then give it a good stir. Cover it with a lid and cook.
- When the chicken is almost done add pepper to it and mix well. Put off the flame after one boil and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve it hot with rice or idli !