Naan is an Indian bread which is known for its soft spongy texture and also for its oval shape. It can be prepared with little variations like butter naan, garlic naan, kashmiri naan and so on. It tastes best when served with palak paneer according to me. So lets get to its making.
- Maida/ all purpose four – 2 cups
- Warm water – ¾ cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Yeast – 3 grams
How to make Naan with step by step images
- Take warm water and add yeast and sugar to it. Stir it well and let it stand for 10-15 minutes until it gets frothy.
- Now in a bowl add flour, salt and yeast mixture.
- Combine everything well and knead into soft dough and allow it to rest for 1 hour so that it doubles in size.
- Take the risen dough and knead it once again gently.
- Now take a ball of dough and roll it into naan shape with rolling pin. ( I chose oval shape)
- Heat a tava and place the rolled naan and drizzle some oil around it. Flip it when you see it puffing and cook till done.
- Serve it hot with palak paneer.