It was during my school days my dad bought this delicious kappa fry sold in some shop when we newly shifted to abudhabi. I finish the whole box , It was that yummy I can say I dint bother to share it with anyone. Since then my mom started preparing this recipe with little variations. For this recipe i used frozen tapioca and it tasted so good. So lets get tho the recipe!
- Tapioca cubed – 2 cups
- Green chili – 1
- Turmeric powder – 1/4th tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a spring
- Water to boil tapioca / kappa
How to make kappa fry with step by step images
- Heat water in a vessel and add salt. When the water starts boiling add in the tapioca cubes. Cook till it get soft and drain the excess water and keep the cooked tapioca aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds,urad dal and curry leaves. When urad dal turns golden brown add turmeric along with chili and cooked tapioca.
- Now give it a gentle stir and put off the flame.
- Now kappa fry is ready to be served with rice and curry.