So this recipe happened to take place in my kitchen since neither me nor my hubby was willing to eat the bananas that lay in the fruit rack for days so i decided to bake cake using those bananas and it worked great. This is such a fruitful, flavorful, crunchy and quick recipe with simple ingredients available in the pantry. So shall we make it and spread the home banana aroma?
- All purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
- Baking powder-1/4 tsp
- Baking soda -1/4 tsp
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Salt a pinch
- Butter – ½ cup
- Cashew 10 broken
- Banana – 4-5 (small)
- Vanilla syrup- 1tsp
- Eggs -2
How to make banana cake with step by step images
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
- Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Take a separate bowl and beat the eggs lightly .
- Now using a masher mash the bananas in a separate bowl , then add butter (melted and cooled),beaten egg and vanilla syrup to the mashed bananas.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and gently fold the mixture together and make sure you don’t over do it. You can add the cashews in the mixture and fold or u can add as toppings after u transfer it to the baking pan.
- Once the oven is preheated keep the mixture inside and let it bake for 30 mins. Before taking it out of the oven insert a toothpick in the center of the cake to check if the cake is done. When u insert the toothpick it should come out clean. If not let it bake for few more mins.
- Serve it hot or cold!